Monday, September 17, 2007

Back benchers .......


I fondly remember being the back bencher for all those yrs in school not for being tall but all for the wrong reasons .We were the gang of five who were hell bent not to be attentive in class and have all the fun.right from listening to music when the class was on to eating snacks when its not lunch time , to copy each others notes.While copying I remembered we use to distribute our home works, so thoughtful one subject per person and  we ended up doing the rest in class with the same remarks from our teachers.

During exams time, half of the time use to go up in calling each other and discussing how much portion one has studied and what she has exempted . You can very well imagine that we didn't have any time to study at all .Because  by the time we realize its late and we had to  catch up on our sleep to pay off our dues by writing the damn paper .Post examination  the
discussions were quite intense n heated one .Its was never what I or my friend=attempted .It was accusing the 'ONE' who suggested to exempt a particular note/lesson by her instinct that it won't be in our question  paper and  we did agree to that at that point of time precisely at the 11th hour. BANG !! First thing you  see in the question paper is a question  from the exempted part. There is this  uncanny  feeling of being so foolish .Just somehow managed to finish the paper to catch up with my group and to inquire obviously about the exam but here it was more about blaming each other for giving mutual consent to a friend's instinct .

Another feather to my cap.This was in my 9th standard when our terminals were on and  came fully prepared with my english paper but failed to understand that half of my classmates were studying biology .Didn't bother to check thinking they are not prepared well enough.[though it was scheduled after 2 days ]and when I was handed my question  paper , I could not read a single line . I  was cold , gasped, my heart  was beating faster than normal . A kind of a feeling like a free fall from a tall building ........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk
WHY?  well it  was a Biology paper ,what my friends were studying and  English was after 2 days so u can imagine in  what mess I was in. I  attempted very few  questions . Perfectly knew what will be the outcome.Finished my paper in an hrs time and told my teacher about the fiasco .

She was generous enough to give me a grace to save my grace.Those were the days still more to come .Keep on reading ..n do come back ...

Thanks for checking out.

29 comments:

aroop chatterjee said...

very nice !!! keep up the good work...look forward to see mroe such gems soon...

andy said...

Thanxs sweetheart..

Biswarup Gupta said...

Awesome, My school life was very similar.... Similar things tell bout similar people... Huh??
Gr8 work
Keep it up
Cheers!!
Biswarup

Unknown said...

very nice!
But what is this for?

Unknown said...

very nice try.

Hunny Wadhwani said...

It’s really a very nice one. I loved the title “Back Benchers” too.

Memories forms base of our life and remain with us forever....that’s why we say....'Doors of memories will never close, how much we miss our precious moments no one knows. Days will pass like years and we will remember memories in silent tears'.

Keep it up and njoy writing.....kabhi mera blog create karkey merey behalf per bhi likhna bcos u know I am very poor in all that........

Cheers!!!!!!

Hunny Wadhwani (Bhooooot)

andy said...

Thanks Biswarup--i guess we all relate to one another at sme ven point of time in life ---

andy said...

Thanxs Akhil--

andy said...

Thanxs --my dear bhooth --likhoongi --par tere existence ko lekar doubt hae --bhooth hae na --abnormal activites ya supernatural activities ko lekar ve to write ---way say ?

Unknown said...

First Thing first...ur both ancedotes Holi n Bhang & Backbenchers are so beautifully written that i can visualize its happenng now & i m watching it LIVE. Terrific sense of choosing right words, meanigful sentences & absolutely perfect punctuations.
I am honoured , touched & overwhelmed wid ur writing abilties. Y dont u persue writing as a hobby?? yes, It's a gr88 idea. Just note down everyday wat happens in ur life & at the end of the month u will not believe that u can write so well...
About Holi incident, it was not only hillarious but also adventurous & nthg wrong wid it. U had a new experience in ur life & u enjyd it. We all do weirdest stuff in ur lives & there is a ge time for it. KOOL!
If u were not back bencher, u would not have written the incident u wrote. how vividly u remembered every small details. Wow!! U have dat inbuilt qualities of a writer & i mean it ...KEEP IT UP!!
Cant wait enough to recieve more such incidents..BRAVO!

andy said...

Thanxs Neville ---Its toomuch to take ---but neways liked it ---yup will keep u posted ....

Unknown said...

Very interesting,the writing flair is good.Keep it up.

andy said...

Thank you Tukan da .....

Unknown said...

wow i really became nostalgic.. u hv made a lovely effort sweety (phulan).. fantastic!!!!!!!like u i ws d back bencher..those days of mini skirts, white shirt, green ribbon,heavy bag,water bottle,tiffin,loads of home work..painful remarks4om teachers n parents...copying d style of teachers...those jumping days... days full of fantasies.......lets rock dear amazing job....

andy said...

Thanxs---bhindi(ak shikha) looking fwd to see ur visits in my blog

chandan said...

handan_apr

chandan said...

mashi when ur good writer....
keep it up... chandan

andy said...

Thanxs nannu

Govind Sukumaran said...

hey
i read those words which took me to ur world for a while ... wonderful .. keep writing .....
i will keep on reading those life filled word

Sankalp Sharma said...

Hiieee!!
I must tell u that u r very good at writing!! Awesome!
U know wat... being a bhopali adds that extra punch in all d work which u had drafted! being a bhopali myself..I can very well see that u r pakka bhopali...
keep up the good work..
will be looking forward to Aunty ke hath ka khana!!
above all .. keep in touch
take care :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wait for some days....let me read the whole profile in details...then i will surely leave my comment abt my most sweeeettttttttt didi....til then njy n tk cr...............

Anonymous said...

Very nicely written!! You took me back to the school days. Do keep writing more. Cheers!!

andy said...

thanks guys for all the encouraging words....it matters to me a lot --

Unknown said...

its look like my story but nice purane din yaad aa gaye u know skool time

Anonymous said...

...vry nice..kp it up dear i think anthr arundhati roy is onway.....

mayank said...

hi Andy!!
This one is brilliantly written can easily visualize the story...any one can easily identify with your story...the best part i liked abt it was your style of narration....Simple n humourous....Prepared for english n writing biology.. haha...great keep up the good work...had fun reading it....n now plzzzzzzzzzzzz write something fictional with your style n sensibilities but plzz keep your humour intact...

Unknown said...

Hey Tuks, Love the title" Back benchers".While reading your article, I was thinking of you ,Leenu & Priyanka on the last bench....eating, chatting & giggling!!
Great work, my dear friend..I am sure, you have many more funny episodes to share with us...Cheers Kiran

andy said...

Thanks Kiran.:)